Sunday, September 6, 2015

Peaces

-I've taken to putting bird seed outside our bedroom window. When they finally came, I realized how starved for signs of life I had become. I revel in their little claws on the awning, their erratic furtive pecks, and how quickly they take flight at the slightest sound or motion.

-I've been reading a collection of letters written by Zen Master seung-San called Dropping Ashes on the Buddha and something about the borderline absurdism of Zen Buddhist teachings and the emphasis on don't-think mind strike a chord for me. The very act of thinking in zen creates suffering and therefore all imagined things are in some way the source of suffering. I'm also drawn to the practice of screaming "KATZ!!!" and hitting people with sticks as a response to any questioning (which happens a LOT in the letters) Check it out here.

Haiku of the Day:
Protective fluid
gathers on the eyeball crease
and drops at threshold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive