Monday, July 29, 2019

Death Throes

I saw a dying dove on my run home today. It was so scared. I wanted to help it but I knew I would only freak it out more.

It reminded me of a time when my friend was trying to nurse a bird back to health. I was visiting and him and his girlfriend had been keeping the tiny thing in a box. I was watching while he was driving or something, the box in my lap, when I saw it start to struggle. He stopped the car and we watched its final moments. Frightened little flutters, vain attempts to escape...something. And then it stopped and that was that.  

Today's Haiku
Morning dove grounded
pitch black eyes wide with terror
legs clawing the sky

Today's Workout
Running: 5.6 miles

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Addlepated from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive