Thursday, August 30, 2018

Election Judge

My application to be an Election Judge for the upcoming midterms was accepted! I've been trying to find ways to get active in my community and participate politically in a bipartisan way, (we need it more than ever in these increasingly divisive times.) The application was straight forward, I only had to provide basic personal info and my party affiliation. I was then sent a training manual, where I was encouraged to only read the first four chapters. After that, there was a 40 question quiz based on those chapters that was unsurprisingly basic common sense. I also reached out to the recruiter in charge of the early voting process to see if I could participate in that as well. I plan on journaling the process here!

Today's Haiku
Jackhammer on high
pounding on some brick facade
The din is grating

Today's Workout
Running: 3.1 miles
DAREBEEDay 28 from 90 Days of Action

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Buttonhole from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive