Thursday, November 1, 2018

Final Early Voting Day

Today was my last day of working as an early voting judge. It was very VERY busy. I worked both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and they were pretty busy, with a rather steady stream of people coming in throughout the day. On those days we voted around 2,100 to 2,200 people. They told me those numbers were impressive and I believed them because I didn't really stop working for the whole 10 hours shift. But today? Oh today was insane.

It was the last day of early voting before the election and it seemed to have affected the turnout. We had multiple local news crews come through. I stood for four hours straight helping voters with the ballot scanners. As the day went on, things did not let up and then around 4:30, the steady stream turned into a broken fire hydrant. The line to vote wrapped all the way outside and across the street to the movie theater. I had my ballot explanation pitch down to a science and we couldn't get them through fast enough. The polls officially closed at 8, but seeing as all polls must take anyone who's in line at the time of closure, we didn't even get the last voter in our center until 9. My back and voice are shot. After all the dust settled, we processed over 3,200 people today. My heart is full and I am so glad I chose to do this. Though this does make me a little nervous for how things are going to spin out come election day...

Today's Haiku
Vocal chords, ragged
My ballot speech's so polished
it is reflective

Today's Workout
(TOO BUSY - Final Early Election Day)

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Verbose from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive