Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A Look Back

A couple years ago I did a review of the year in small scenes and I thought I'd bring it back! Here's my 2018:

-Listening to a close friend recite poetry on his birthday in a roofless barn in Germany
-Standing on a bridge between two tectonic plates
-Putting on a cardboard fish outfit to play Poseidon after only one run-through
-Laying on an examining table while a stranger gels up and scans my testicles
-Navigating a water taxi on the rivers of Thailand to get to yet another Buddhist temple
-Helping process over 3,200 people on the last day of Maryland's early election period
-Committing to trying out vegan recipes and loving it
-Listening to a cadre of shape note singers perform in an old German church
-Running a half-marathon while in the middle of a medical trial where I was exposed to Malaria
-Rekindling a relationship with an old college friend after being out of touch for seven years
-Kissing my grandmother for the last time less than 12 hours before she passed
-Feeding elephants in the jungles of Thailand
-Bathing in natural Icelandic hot springs and then jumping in an ice cold lake



Today's Haiku
New year, new mission
mind replete with self-help zeal
Biannual crunch

Today's Workout
Running: 5.3 miles
DAREBEE: (I just keep putting it off with these long runs)

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Handsel from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive