Monday, May 6, 2019

I Must Be Seeing Things

A muffled sports announcer rambles from the ceiling. I'm racing the battery life of an Apple product for the third time today. I can feel the ghost of soreness as I sit still. My favorite kind of pain. A personal trophy.

I have a nice desk at work. The vice president of finance watches the news in his corner office everyday at 4:30. I hear gossip I don't understand but I know it's gossip because...you can tell they like the taste of it.

I catch my reflection on the street and despise my posture. I've craned my neck by whole life:
The desire to come eye to eye.
The beta's bow of deference.
The weight of a troubled mind.
I straighten up and suddenly feel stronger - but also more vulnerable and dishonest.

It just isn't where my body wants to be.

Today's Haiku
Pasta in the cube
big gulps with a borrowed fork
and my toady hunch

Today's Workout
Running: 0 miles
DAREBEE: Too sore

(Based on the word Ephemeral from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive