Monday, January 6, 2020

The Itinerant Habit

I used a random word generator to launch into a little bit of writing. Today I got coil. It reminds me of snakes. I've never been a person afraid of snakes. They don't bother me in the way that spiders do. I like to say that I fear things with exoskeletons but not those with spines. It's funny to me how people differ in this way. One of my best friends is scared of mice. My mother is not a fan of reptiles, especially frogs. They say it's a basic fear, an ancestral fear based on poison. I buy that. It feels instinctual, ancient. Of course, with the advantages of the human mind, one can almost always condition oneself through exposure to curb the fear, eliminate it in time.

But spiders? No way man. I don't think I'd ever do that. I reCOIL at the thought.

Today's Haiku
A routine emerges
history says it won't last
enjoy it for now
Today's Workout
Running: 5.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment