Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ambition Hangover

Oh man...what did I DO last night?

It seems like I've committed myself to not only writing in this space everyday, but also to drawing a picture for the same space and doing a "365" project that involves a theme or something.

Good lord. I just looked at my Google docs. It's worse than we thought.

I'm going to go the the bathroom and rethink my life while you read this list of things I said I would do:

-Run 1,000 miles by the end of the year. I tried this last year...got about 600 miles in and then Boston happened.
-Do 10,000 push-ups and sit-ups over the course of the year. I did the math on this and it's really only 27ish a day. but that's EVERY day.
-Write 100,000 words. Not bad actually. 274 a day. Doable. I mean these words I'm typing are all words that count. So I can keep writing and every thought I have counts. Right? RIGHT? Oh dear god that was only 35 words.
- Read 25 books. Ugh. Reading.
-100 days of abstinence (not in a row, thank goodness) of each of these:
  ~Internet (junk sites)
  ~Meat
  ~Junk Food (anything processed)
  ~Gaming (you'd be surprised at how hard this is to kick for me. Minecraft is a glorious time-suck))
  ~Alcohol (also a potential problem)
  ~TV (Yeah...my {fiance's parents'} Netflix account is 80-90% traffic from me)
- 200 days of Duolingo*

Whew. That was brutal. We'll have to see how it goes. I'll post my standings every Wednesday to keep me honest. Maybe I'll fashion some sort of reward? I hope it's clear how little I've thought this out. The universe is a cold dark place.

Haiku of Day:
Stirring in the dark
I throw the sheets off and sweat
Summer has begun


Today's Drawing, inspired by the word "Garden" spoken by Erin O'Conner:

Today's "365" Project (Do something that deals with a favorite animal):
"Scurry, the wire-rimmed elephant mouse"



Still haven't decided on a theme, so I made sure to use post-its and the colors pink and blue to at least keep consistent.


PS - I never came back from the bathroom, did I?



*Duolingo is an amazing language learning program brought to you by the guy that invented capcha. It's pretty great, and I recommend it highly for anyone looking to get into learning a new language for free. Friend me if you get into it!




No comments:

Post a Comment