Monday, December 17, 2018

Joyce

My grandmother passed this morning at 2am. My aunt was there when it happened and we showed up ten minutes after her passing. Lots of tears. Lots of waiting. Lots of fumbling about what to do next, who to call, where to start, how to feel. The rest of the day was lurching from one numb event to the next. All sense of time out the window. And we grieved together but also on our own stormy islands.

I'm glad we came. She was worth it all and more. I love you Mimi. I'm glad you were ready and that it was fast.

Today's Haiku
A long hellish day
grief stricken and sleep deprived
we manage to laugh

Today's Workout
Running: 4.9 miles
DAREBEEDay 85 from 90 Days of Action

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Epitome from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

In lieu of the passing of my grandmother, I'm reposting a picture from 8/5/18
I think it best represents the "epitome" of my grief

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive