Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Slugs without Slime Trails

Our yelling neighbor kept me up last night. His dog did something bad and whatever it was made him pretty angry. He talked about it in loud frustrated tones for an hour. I like to think the dog pooped on his bed. It would make it worth it. He's young and has a deep voice that vibrates the floor ever so slightly. I think vengeful things at him and fantasize about getting him kicked out of the apartment or shamed into silence or maybe paying a trained hitman to remove his larynx while he sleeps. I must not let those thoughts go too far. They are certainly not healthy. I try to forget him and get on with my day but then those deep vibrations come from below and he's yanked me right back. It's not that bad. I'm just jet-lagged and need sleep. That's all it is. I'm not experiencing a dark awakening that I can never come back from, discovering a blackness in the pit of my soul that once released would consume myself and all those around me. Surely, no such evil thing is under the surface.

It's just jet-lag.

It's just jot-leg.

It's josta jort-log

Sit's Joejee Orploogie

Simtt'jussteejohntonlubrically...

Today's Haiku
Reality seeps in
pink lethargic rivulets
I'm dream adjacent

Today's Workout
Running: 3.1 miles
DAREBEE: After being sick, it's one workout at a time

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Orthography from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive