Saturday, August 10, 2019

Terrible Now

I saw Cirque de Soliel today and for the first time in a while I was truly astounded by the performance. Despite having a deep theater background, I've always had trouble watching live shows. I jump into the performers' bodies and get terrified for them - almost paralyzed with the fear that they'll make a mistake.

But this time the terror was pushed to the limit - so far it forced me to face the fact that everything carries risk. Other art is curated, safe and composed in a way live shows can never be. No matter how much money someone throws at it.  I've been trying to tamper that experience, keep it off my front porch. But after this...I may be inviting it back in more readily. 

Today's Haiku
performing great feats
the peak physiques of mankind
meet danger full on

Today's Workout
Running: 4.1 miles

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Balkanize from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive