Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bitter Plea

-I just looked at the calendar and a realized two things:

1.) Only 15 more days until the end of the project, meaning 350 posts in this space.

2.) I've just past my one year anniversary for my current job.

I feel great about one of these things. One of these things brings me joy and fulfillment and connects me with the people around me. One of these things invigorates me and gives me a reason to get up in the morning. One of these things makes me feel confident, capable and strong.

On the other hand, one of these things causes me constant mental anguish and stress. One of these things drains me of my energy and heavily sours my mood. One of these things makes me feel helpless, ineffectual and weak.

Unfortunately, only one of these things makes me money, this dumb other thing I apparently need.

Ugh.

-On a lighter note, I'm finally on par with my alcohol fasting. Here's to weaning off the sauce!

Haiku of the Day:
The squawking of gulls
echoes hauntingly across
the grey river's edge

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Succubus" from a word search gone bad)


Today's "365" Project (Make a mobile! I kinda did. It wasn't until after I was done that I realized mobiles have more moving parts...it's more of a chandelier. It's made from beer bottle caps and the dead stalk of our recently passed avocado tree, Laurie.)
"Tribute to Laurie"



Today's Runners

THE UNSTOPPABLE JOE COOK


THE POWERFUL TYMOTEUSZ KAJSTURA 6.09 miles @ 6:49 min/mi #milesformichael

THE FORMIDABLE EMILY KUEHN 2 miles!

TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 12.39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive