Monday, October 15, 2018

Malaria Hotel Day Five - Full Day Testing

Alright! Today was the big one. First thing in the morning (around 7) they took my vitals and drew a decent amount of blood, about 5 vials worth, when they usually only take one. Then I took the chloroquine and azithromycin. After that it was a blood draw at 8am, 9am, 11am, 1pm and 5pm. They were pretty small draws, but combined with the day-long nausea brought on by the drugs, it wasn't a great day. At 1pm there was also an EKG, where they laid me out on a hotel bed with that thin white doctor bench paper on it and pasted a slew of wired nodes across my chest, wrists and ankles.

My arms weren't a big fan of all the poking...



Today's Haiku
In my elbow crooks
my veins look bruised and ruined
like I'm shooting smack

Today's Workout
Running: (NOT TODAY)
DAREBEEDay 58 from 90 Days of Action

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Tergiversation from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive