Monday, October 1, 2018

Malaria Day Three

For an introduction into what this is about see this link.

Today was pretty much like the last two Mondays. A brief set of medical question about my week, basic vitals, a blood draw and the medications. I've been eating a lot of yogurt to prep my stomach for the LARGE dose of antibiotics they give me but it doesn't seemed to have worked...still got a great deal of nausea for most of the day.

This upcoming Thursday I will be "challenged" which means they'll have 5 malaria infested mosquitos bite me. They explained how that would go today and I signed up for a slot at 6:15 in the morning. The researchers said that's the best time for the mosquitoes to feed. Apparently they get shy. I also got some info on the hotel I'll have to stay in for up to two weeks, starting on the Thursday following next Monday's drug day. They said we get a free breakfast each morning and there's a kitchenette...so that's a perk. They also will be doing a blood draw each morning. Lots of blood draws.

That's all for now. Excited to see how Thursday goes!

Today's Haiku
Barely functioning
movement may stir it all up
Succumb to stillness

Today's Workout
(Out of commission due to medicine based nausea)

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Manifesto from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive