Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Receipt Rambles: Fifth Entry

Continuing a series of weird rants I scrawled on scraps of receipt paper while doing restaurant work. It's a product of my bipolar manic episodes.

Links for entries: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

"Receipt scrap in red pen with generous spacing"

And as I enter the apprehensive
realm, the place of anxious
titters and uncomfortable
stomach stylings I stumble
forward, head woozy and
trembling with time. I
give in briefly and swim
in nausea. Tugs on strands
taut and lax, taut and last.
I am perpetual.
Stress.
And I gait to a beat of ticklings
as a ghost.
Wry, resolute on tongues
acrid and teeming
with base bacterium in
essence.
Bleak, self-sufficient, dull
There is a deep red screen
as I cry lidless in the
womb. I seep tender
crass and blind. Such
is the plight of treacherous
            self in understanding.

Today's Haiku
Tight headphone tangles
a cat's cradle conundrum
Work slow or perish

Today's Workout
Running: 3.1 miles
DAREBEEDay 43 from 90 Days of Action

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Atone from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive