Thursday, September 20, 2018

Receipt Rambles: Sixth Entry

Continuing a series of weird rants I scrawled on scraps of receipt paper while doing restaurant work. It's a product of my bipolar manic episodes. This is the final entry.

Links for entries: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

"Large receipt in black pen and small brown stains"

I am a copycat. A cask. Cocoon.
A dark invigorance (?) aside from
space and recollection. I am the
swan the bull the bolt. Zeus incarnate.
A light bulb cast in grim, a dusky
shell of foot stuff, silt and
colon deposits. And the little beats
of my wretched chest ring true
and ghostly in the hallways that
shirk the city. Sometimes I
think someone is behind me,
thumping everpresent. The
ignorance is thick and murky, like
a fresh grave after rainfall.
While my blood bubbles as
a soup of hot wax, it congeals
in the skull, leaving me heavy
and haggard, and the visions
and predilections and flights
slow to the pace of tides and
plate techtonics. And I know
why the universe is expanding
and lies at the heart of
the earth. I become the tortoise,
going all the way down. Those
artisanal stars pan the
sky as the great millstone
makes flour.


Today's Haiku
Longboarder speeds by
a Go-Pro on his helmet
I'm a brief guest star

Today's Workout
Running: 3.1 miles
DAREBEEDay 44 from 90 Days of Action

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Milieu from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive