Thursday, May 26, 2016

Begone Sweet Elixir!

In the month leading up to "The Creative Year" (starting 6/25) I'll be writing a little bit each day about aspects of the project and begin posting more on my daily progress. The project I set out to do this current year fell through due to fatigue from the previous project, employment woes and a less accountable motivational structure. I'm hoping to get ahead of that this time around and really make a go of it. That being said, there were a few things I was able to salvage from this year:

-I'm still on route to finish my age's worth of books by the 25th - A habit I only hope to foster more fully. I imagine it will get difficult in ten years or so, but that's 40-year-old Michael's problem.

-Haiku every day. Obviously they weren't written ON each day but they were done ABOUT each day. A compendium of micro diaries, if you will.

-I gave up potato chips this year and - with the exception of one accidental instance with a couple homemade chips - I've stuck to it! And those "Give ups" accrue overtime so that makes:

25. Cigarettes
26. Energy Drinks
27. Ground Beef (kinda a moot point since I've been vegetarian since July of last year)
28. Potato Chips

And now I'm ready to say that I'll be giving up.....Soda/Pop!

This applies to any sugary-type carbonated fluid. Exceptions: Tonic, Seltzer, and naturally carbonated alcoholic drinks like beer and champagne.

---

Tomorrow I'll talk about the first of the ten "Imaginary Lives" I plan to work toward in the coming year.

Haiku of the Day:
Out by the fountain
I meditate in the crowd
forging peace en masse

Today's Drawing (From Merriam-Webster's word of the day: Milquetoast)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive