Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Allure of Old Stuff

The third Imaginary Life I am perusing in the upcoming year is History Teacher. Much like with board games, I've only started to enjoy studying history recently. I have this theory that history becomes interesting once you realize that you're living it everyday. It's the grand and true story of humanity. I've been mostly inspired by John Green's courses on the youtube channel, crashcourse. It's a wonderful thing and I'd love to be able to speak as wisely as John does about his subjects. I also love teaching. Plain and simple.

How am I going to work towards it? First I'd like to become an "expert" at a specific subject. Like, the period of American history during Prohibition is one example. This would involve reading a few books on the subject and general research. Then I would present the subject in an interesting and digestible manner (either live presentation, video, flip book, or whatever.) and post it here. That sounds pretty fun to me.

Also I'm going to learn all the countries. Because all citizens of the world should know where Laos, Bolivia and Burkina Faso are.

On the list so far:

1. Dancer
2. Board Game Designer
3. History Teacher

Haiku of the Day:
Petite and ashen
she nearly faints on the train
We're packed in too tight

Today's Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive