Sunday, May 29, 2016

We The Meeple

The second Imaginary Life I'm pursuing in the upcoming year is Board Game Designer. I've never was much of a board game person, especially back when the best options were Clue and Monopoly. As with sports, I tended to get too competitive and take winning far too seriously. I never fully bit into D&D in high school either since video games were getting good enough to just do all the math for you, (and I certainly didn't have the time.) My recent passion for what is called "Modern Board Gaming" came from two different people getting me Settlers of Catan and Carcasonne in the same Christmas. And I was off to the races! I now proudly own over thirty different types of games and the collection continues to grow.

But why go on to make them? Well because I've already started working on three. Now none are traditional board games but it's certainly a start. Part of what I'd like to spend this year doing is: a.) creating a basic game (either card, board or dice based) b.) play-testing it and c.) seeing if I can get it produced on a minor scale...maybe even talk to the local game shop down the street. Who knows? I'd also like to try my hand at a more story based game similar to D&D to play with my friends.

So there you have it! On the list so far:

1. Dancer
2. Board Game Designer

Haiku of the Day:
Drumbeats and heartbeats
parade down the street at dusk
joy on lips and hips


Today's Drawing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive