Sunday, June 5, 2016

Canoe Anyone?

The fifth of my Imaginary Lives is Carpenter. This one may seem to come out of the left field, but recently I've been drawn to tasks that involve building things. With my hands. I made the frame for our bed last year and, as that's a project I reap rewards from every day, I want to keep that going. I have a few project ideas but I would love to make at least five solid pieces of furniture or fixture over the course of this year. Maybe even look into utilizing one of those shared workshop spaces. For that bed project, I enlisted the help of a friend and we cut wood on the roof of his apartment. I want more moments like that in my life.

The Lives so far:
1. Dancer
2. Board Game Designer
3. History Teacher
4. Poet
5. Carpenter

Haiku of the Day:
I can see the days -
charging over the hillside
weilding To-Do lists

Today's Drawing (Inspired by Lucid, MW's word of the day)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive