Monday, June 20, 2016

Shine Sister!

My ninth Imaginary Life is a bit of a doozy, which is why I saved it for near the end: Drag Queen. Before you pass any judgements, do your research. That's a wikipedia article for "drag queen" (if you didn't click it) and it's a great non-bias Introduction to Drag. Later in the article is the main reason why I find drag intriguing: "...skewering traditional gender roles, defying the social norms of male and female appearance and behavior and showing the artificiality of femininity and masculinity..." I want to do drag mostly to shine a bright, sequined light on gendered behavior. What can I say? There's something profoundly cathartic about it. 

So, I'd like to put together a monologue and create a character that pokes fun while simultaneously respecting the gender conversation. This is certainly an "odd one" in comparison to the others but I feel an innate drive to pursue it. 


And, not to toot my own horn, I clean up pretty nice too.



The Lives so far:
1. Dancer
2. Board Game Designer
3. History Teacher
4. Poet
5. Carpenter
6. Voice Actor
7. Survivalist 
8. Playwright
9. Drag Queen
Haiku of the Day:
Fake Senate floor
Our Chairwoman calls for yeas
The pomp is dripping

Today's Drawing (I'm bringing back word of the day! I'm gonna do my best to capture, however reactionary, my responses to Merriam Webster's word of the day. I've realized that meditating on a word for the course of a whole picture was really great for my vocabulary. Gonna keep it up.)

Heliolatry - sun worship


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive