Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Twin City Series

An odd day in the Twin cities. I got up at 5am. Got a ride with a Lyft driver who was an immigrant from Afghanistan studying computer science. Took a three hour flight. Got a ride with a Lyft driver who was an immigrant from Somalia who came to this country all on his own. I checked into my hotel in downtown Minneapolis using a company account. Once at the conference, I checked in registrants with swag bags, lanyards and ticket printouts. I failed to notice someone was visually impaired and made an ass of myself. Took a train to the capital in St. Paul. Bought a 750ml can of beer called The Salted Nut Roll Ale. Walked along a gutted road to get a pile of fried food at 9pm.
Got a Lyft back to the hotel by a driver whose country of origin I did not learn.

This was my first day. No idea what tomorrow may bring.

Today's Haiku
Capital pictures
Craft brewery with robots
Flaming hot cheese curds

Today's Workout
Running: 0 miles

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Scrutinize from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive