Sunday, June 16, 2019

Looking Back

Well I've got one more check-in before the end of this project. Overall it's been the most successful since the very first one back in 2014. I drawn a picture for every day, based of the word of the day from Merriam-Webster's word of the day. I'm very very close to getting all my 1,000 miles all by myself this year - the second most successful year was back in 2014-15 when I managed 750. I've improved already on my counts of coffee, TV, games and INSERT OTHER ONES. My plan is to make sure to improve every year.

And I've decided on my fast for my 32nd birthday. I'll be giving up mobile games. Now this one is unique in a couple ways: 1.) It's not based around consumption in the physical sense and 2.) it's a bit of a risk in a couple of ways. There my be something that crops up that's truly amazing and so much apart of culture in general that not participating would make me a pariah. This is unlikely, but it's something I have thought about. I considered quitting a website I visited regularly and I still my do that. But something tech based for quitting has been long in the making. We'll see. We each passing year I've had more difficulty coming up with something to quit. And I may quit the quitting in the future. I don't know why it's something I feel I have to do. The idea has got me in it's clutches though and it doesn't look like it's leaving me anytime soon....

This all being said, I'm looking forward to it. Here are my stats:

Week 51

Stats:
Running Mileage: 971.51/1,000
Drinks: 372/365 *needs improvement*
Vegan: 44/100
Books Completed: 30/31
Words Written: 350,595/350,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 173/171
TV: 122/120
Gaming: 182/141
Booze: 149/163
Coffee: 157/150
Junk (Savory): 100/100
Junk (Sweet): 170/100
Eat Out: 237/100

Today's Haiku
Childhood return
our old games polished and new
and old rivalries

Today's Workout
Running: 5 miles

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Assiduous from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive