Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Two to the Fifth Power

I did it! 31 is behind me and thus begins my 6th year of the blog! Well actually it's my 5th because I took a year off somewhere in there.

Here are my goals for 32:

BASIC

  • Read 32 books (I've read my age in books every year since 2014)
  • Run 750 miles (1,000 was a feat. This number should be lighter while still forcing me to exercise)
  • Basic exercise on off run days. As simple as a few push-ups, ten minutes of yoga, taking a walk
  • Draw a picture everyday.
  • Write a haiku everyday
  • Meditate everyday (ideally)
  • Duolingo everyday (ideally)
  • Last year I wrote 1,000 words for every day on a word tracking site (some days more or less than others) and I'd like to fit SOMETHING before the haikus each day but I'm wary to commit to that. But I'll sure try.

TRACKING
**All tracking is set to do more than the previous year**

  • Track veggies, fruits and dairy consumed each day. Rather than get stupid meticulous about it. I'm scaling on a rating of 0 to 3
  • Track coffee consumption
  • Track alcohol consumption (both days drinking and total number)
  • Track processed foods (cooked meals don't count. When eating out, fast food falls in this spot)
  • Track junk and news internet usage
  • Track TV shows total number of episodes (movies don't count because they're more of an event)
  • Track hours of video game play. This one's going to be embarrassing. 

Sidenote: I've quit something every year since I turned 25. Thsi year I quit visiting the time-wasting website Imgur. I also quit Facebook a while back but I'm not adding that one to the list because I check it periodically to see if anyone's try to contact me there.  Here's the full list:
  • 25 - Cigarettes
  • 26 - Energy Drinks
  • 27 - Ground Beef (made obsolete when I went vegetarian the same year)
  • 28 - Potato Chips
  • 29 - Soda
  • 30 - Candy
  • 31 - Shots
  • 32 - Imgur
And that's it! Mostly a few little course adjustments on the way to the better me I'm building.

Today's Haiku
Database birthday
on the keyboard and the screen
minutia refined

Today's Workout
Rest

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Gritty from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive