Monday, June 24, 2019

Another Feather in the Cap

It's the final day of this project. I'll keep it short. I hit my goal of 1,000 miles in a year. I read 31 books. I managed to write 365,000 words for the year and participated in NaNoWriMo though I didn't write anything impactful. I drew a picture for everyday. I would check out the link below to see more. I also wrote a haiku everyday. The final stats are below. I beat nearly all of it and I'm happy about it.

More on what to expect next year tomorrow, on my 31st birthday.

FINAL COUNT

Stats:
Running Mileage: 1000.08/1,000
Drinks: 384/365 *not great but better than last year's 427*
Vegan: 44/100 *jumped to vegan dinners*
Books Completed: 31/31
Words Written: 365,039/350,000 *got the full stretch of 1000 words a day*

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 179/171
TV: 126/120
Gaming: 183/141
Booze: 149/163
Coffee: 160/150
Junk (Savory): 100/100
Junk (Sweet): 171/100
Eat Out: 243/100


Today's Haiku
Hitting one thousand
I weep as the mileage ticks
The back monkey's gone

Today's Workout
Running: 5.8 miles

Today's Drawing
(Based on the word Contraption from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day)
***Check out the full catalog of pictures HERE***

My books from the past year (those read aloud to my wife in italics and favorites in bold) :

Low - Volumes 1 & 2 by Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini
When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
Godshaper by Simon Spurrier and Jonas Goonface
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azan Nafisi
Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Peace in Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
Jarhead by Anthony Swofford
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Theft by Finding by David Sedaris
The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
Bonk by Mary Roach
The Adventure Zone: There Will Be Gerblins by the McElroy Brothers
Soonish by Anthony and Kelly Weinersmith
Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson
The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
Enlightenment Now by Stephen Pinker
Essentialism by Greg McKeown
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
Wild Seed by Octavia Butler
Mind of my Mind by Octavia Butler
Clay's Ark by Octavia Butler
Patternmaster by Octavia Butler
Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
How to Write an Email by (mystery author)
Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett
Caesar's Last Breath by Sam Keane
A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive