Friday, May 29, 2015

Halt/Beat

-Writing should hurt. It should feel like a hive of ornery bees in the skull.

-Free time is worthless without pressure. I had a whole half day to work and nothing was done. Where does the difficulty lie? What clogs and clouds the mind so thickly? What ideological panacea cuts through it?

-I wrote about being a veteran of my own personal mind fights, of intimately slaughtering the boys and men i used to be in dark corners to insure my survival. We all do it to some extent, this cleaving of the self. I mourn for the necessity of it. 

-the apartment is death. The screen is death. There is only life in movement, in novelty. To stagnate, to stop is to coagulate, to rot and swell with gas from ravenous bacteria. You halt and your own stomach eats you from the inside. Oh the ambition of the gut, hungry even after the mind fizzles out.

Haiku of the Day:
Defibrillator
located at the front desk
use at your own risk

Today's Drawing (inspired by a crucial loophole)


Today's "365" Project (Make something that shows the passage of time. What better clothes in a dryer?)


Today's Runners

MOLLY KIMMERLING 4.21 ... "Today at the gym there was a basket full of tiny tiny tiny individually wrapped bottles of Dove men's aftershave sensitive skin lotion.  I took 5 each when I walked in and 5 more when I walked out and looked directly in the eyes of the two desk employees interrupting their flirtation as if saying "TODAY, I'M TAKING IT FROM THE MAN" and I was completely at peace and empowered walking out.  To clarify, I didn't exactly say those words but I'm sure it was PRETTY clearly communicated through my eyes. I intend to do the same thing tomorrow no matter what's in the magical treasure basket of fun"

JOE COOK "Nice morning for a short easy run"


TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 7.32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive