Monday, May 18, 2015

New Digs

-First day of summer hours at the office. This means we put in four 9-hour days so we can get off at noon on Fridays. It's fun, but tough at the beginning. It is nice having more seats available on the train in the mornings.

-Also dealing with minor office changes. I'm in a whole different room now, complete with a roommate and my computer is some ten years younger than my last one. Getting used to the new operating system. I was on Windows XP for nearly a year, believe it or not. I've not worked on a modern PC since XP WAS modern, so I'm victim to the learning curve. Hopefully it proves a better fit from the ancient one I was working with.

-I'm having these existential fits whenever I'm alone on the train and they're kinda freaking me out. Like I'm not sure who or what I am anymore and it all gets hazy...

-Butter glistens in between my fingertips and I think about water resistance and the slick fats and  oils that vex me when I do the dishes. 

Haiku of the Day:
Street encouragement
echoes written in faint chalk
coaxing "You Go Girl!"

Today's Drawing (inspired by the phrase "Waking Terror" from dark eaves and orange light)


Today's "365" Project (Make a flower or plant out of everyday objects. Let's go back to middle school!)


Today's Runners:

JOE COOK (Proxy for Susan) See below!

TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 3.11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive