Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Keeping on Keeping on

Well well well...only 7 weeks left. I'm closing gaps all over the place and feeling good about it.

Week 45

Stats:
Running Mileage (ON HOLD DUE TO INJURY): 649.68/1,000
Push-ups: 8,690/10,000
Sit-ups: 8,260/10,000
Pages Read: 8,238/10,000
Books Read: COMPLETED 25/25
Words Written: 81,584/100,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 92/100
TV: COMPLETE 126/100
Gaming: COMPLETE 223/100
Meat: 87/100
Junk: 90/100
Booze: 78/100

All working out well. For the first time since the project started, I'm ahead on push-ups. Hoping this would happen for a few others but outlook seems grim. Starting to amp up my page count with some easier books. May dig into a couple sure-fire "page-turners" to fill up the quota some weekend. 

When it comes to the fasts, I've realized now that I've cultivated a mindfulness toward what I eat and do that started as a neurosis, but has since settled into a nice healthy habit of monitoring. I eat less meat and junk, even on the days where the fast is broken because it's always in the back of my mind. And it's opened up Emily and I to some great vegetarian options. We didn't even visit the meat aisle our last major shopping trip. And as two folks raised with good ol' Midwestern style animal eatin' I'm pretty proud of that.

Bailed on the Cold Shower thing 6 days in...just couldn't steel up the strength to get into the horrible pain coffin my shower had become. I do think I'll try it at least once a week just to see that I can. Screaming during it proved helpful.

Since returning home I have taken up daily meditation in the mornings and I don't think I'll ever go back to not doing it. Setting aside five minutes of peace is crucial with how maddening the days can be. May take up doing it at midday as well to preserve my sanity further.

I'm still trudging through the Hero's Journey. About halfway there and I've regrettably taken a few days off from it to nurse wounds and such. It's got me up to my push-up qouta with ease and I love the variety. I'm going to continue to use the site outside the project.  It's got a great mission: free access to quality work-out information. I'll post the link again

Haiku of the Day:
Peeled bare and bled
I pulse a crumbling quasar
beacon in the dark

Today's Drawing (inspired by a music led puppet show I saw tonight)



Today's "365" Project (Do something using only rubber bands. I finally took the time to update my rubber band ball from this post back in September. Baseball size!)
"Potential energy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive