Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

These special days are a little hard to write for because I feel the weight of expectation more heavily on my shoulders, but I'll give it a go.

I had a lovely conversation with my mother this morning. We talked about pictures from the wedding and how many of them were of us laughing. I think that's what I'm the most grateful for, that laughter. My mom's a great audience and takes great pleasure in hearing her sons talk. It's something I've taken with me since I've been away from home. Keeping that laughter going and looking at the lighter side of things. My mother is a bright and shining example of holding onto that joy and lightness and her optimism and enthusiasm is truly inspiring.

So thanks mom for all that great energy you put out into the world. It works wonders.

Side comment: This is a beautiful note and even if mother's day is a happy day for you, the sentiment speaks volumes across many lines and gets to the heart of what unifies us all today: We all have or had a mother.

Haiku of the Day:
Janet R. Chodos
a sweet song on a bleak day
strong mother of three

Today's Drawing (inspired by Mother's Day)


Today's "365" Project (Make something that doesn't normally melt look like it's melting. To the office!)
"Folder mishap"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive