Saturday, February 7, 2015

Redeemed

So I just closed out my first Pantomime today and it was a blast! For those that don't know, Pantomime is a type of English comedy that involves a great deal of audience participation, prop gags, puns, singing, pop culture references and all sort of tom foolery. One of the key aspects of the show is that there are good characters and bad characters (baddies) and the audience is encourage to boo for the bad and cheer for the good.

This year I was a bad character, a henchman for the primary baddie named Leech.  That's most of the background you need for this story of what happened during my last show.

We had a sold out house with a whole new row of seats at the front, so I was already nervous about adapting some of the movement pieces we had to the new restriction. Things started smoothly enough, but during a short monologue there was a little boy who kept yelling out insults no matter what I said. He was relentless and I could not catch a break. It was to the point where I was scared to go onstage.

But at the very end of the show my character got a moment of redemption and when the call went out about whether or not Leech should be redeemed, the little boy yelled out "I WILL!" And it was the sweetest thing.

Haiku of the Day:
A full day of work
leeching, spraying, striking and
pulling drawbridges

Today's drawing (inspired by the word "Diapason" from MW's word of the day. I went with the crazy weird first definition straight from the site: "the principal foundation stop in the organ extending through the complete range of the instrument")



Today's "365" Project (Make a portmanteau. It's a blending of two words together into one that also combines meanings. Spork is the prime example. I made 5!)

1. Vextasy - the experience of supreme pleasure in a moment that is atypical or inappropriate
2. Javacuation - The gastronomical result of drinking coffee
3.  Snalt - The snow/salt residue left on doorsteps this time of year
4.  Dregular Coffee - The leftover coffee from the previous day
5.  Screanie - Someone who is cruel online but pleasant face to face





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive