Sunday, February 8, 2015

You forgot to turn off your bleaker...

Crash -
In a lick, a sniffle
there leaks the safety
the branch outstretched to power lines
bowing under ice and animals

What will
in the fever of contentious gripings
the sum blossom?

Chest full, cold nipples
lead the pricks and mounds of flesh
to rise up, to ascend past
the raucous blood and hungry nerve
to the glassy nothing of air.

Sloughing off the sediment
in arduous picks,
the burrowers and looters of tombs
dream of pristine pockets
brimming with dormant details.

I am the shiny bare outcome
of chemical stripping
Slick white, formaldehyde soft
I succumb to the gentlest graze
like a floor strewn peach
I exist pure in candy dreamscapes
coquetish as a cereal box
where glistening insects flit
--tongue-to-cheek-to-lip--
through an all mouth outcropping
on the granite cliff face.

This, the cacophony stream of the wretched, the undercooked in an inch of tepid bathwater.

Haiku of the Day:
snow snow snow snow snow
snow snow SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW
SNOW NO NO NO NO!

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Smarmy" from MW's word of the day. I did another in my series of unflattering self-portraits.)


Today's "365" Project (Make or alter a pair of glasses. I took glasses I used for insect project two months ago and decided to expound on them!)
"Bug Eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive