Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Day Behind The Watch

Another Watch Wednesday. But on Thursday...

Stats:
Running Mileage: 550.94/1,000
Push-ups: 5,250/10,000
Sit-ups: 5,250/10,000
Pages Read: 5,671/10,000
Books Completed: 15/25
Words Written: 50,545/100,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 60/100
TV: 76/100
Gaming: COMPLETE 155/100
Meat: 58/100
Junk: 57/100
Booze: 48/100

Productive week. The show helps put all the sins on the shelf and even with the stress, my booze intake is at an all-time low. Last year I had managed to make it 19 days after New Years before a drink. I'm trying something less lofty this time because all-or-nothing quitting is a fool's errand. Might not make the ultimate goal of 23 non-drinking days in Jan, but I've got 10 under my belt and I'm proud of it. Entering the New Year, Emily and I combined our finances and it helps to see how much cash gets doled out to the beer and wine monsters.

Exercise is still strong with a only small gaps where I need to be for mileage and number of push-ups and sit-ups. Very glad the cold has not been a deterrent. If anything it's been a motivator with all the new gear I got for Christmas. Though it does put strain on the laundry load.

I've been ignoring it a bit with the holidays and the show, but writing hasn't been up to the snuff I had it back in September and October. Call it creative fatigue or concept constipation, it's just not happening. May start trying to spend train time on it, though I usually use it for reading.

Speaking of reading, I'm quickly losing the lead I built over the past few months and may need some recommendations. I've been blowing through sci-fi staples mostly, but would love to try something different. We've got travel plans in February, March and of course a few flights for the wedding and honeymoon, so I'm not super worried about reading going into the red for a bit.

Haiku of the Day:
Vibrant blue granules
meant to melt ice and snow
crunch under foot soles

Today's Drawing and "365"Project (inspired by the word "Brobdingnagian" from MW's word of the day and also my project, which was to do something inspired by the world of fish.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive