Friday, January 16, 2015

LEECH! Time for a Pantomime!

So about a year ago, I was looking to get back into doing some theater again. I hadn't done anything, besides a music video in nearly four years and the itch was so bad I was memorizing sonnets in my spare time. It was a desire I had expressed over beers and board games to my then upstairs neighbor, and her being the wonderful helper and healer that she is, put me in touch with someone she knew who did theater in Boston. I had a coffee with her, she gave me the names of some companies and I found myself sitting with Michael Underhill and Matthew Woods talking about their company, the imaginary beasts. After the brief talk, I had the supreme pleasure of seeing their Winter Pantomime! The next morning Matthew had sent me an e-mail offering me a position as ASM for their upcoming production. I ended up becoming a monkey-masked, ball wrangler, puppeteer Zanni guy and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now, a year later, I'm getting to perform in this year's Winter Panto! We open tomorrow and I could not be more excited. It's been such a pleasure to get to know, watch and work with this very talented group of people and I'm happy to be given such a unique opportunity.

Haiku of the Day:
Butterflies flocking
in sputtering droves inside
my leechy belly

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Leech" from the slimy sycophant if been living with the past few months.)



Today's "365" Project (Make a new dance move. I call it "The Leech" in honor of our show soft opening for an invited dress tonight!)
"The Leech"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive