Monday, September 19, 2016

Priestin'

Day Seven for Imaginary Life Ten, Spiritual Counselor:

Saw an actual spiritual counselor today. Emily and I had to witness our friends in the presence of a priest so they could get married. It was a little bizarre. We rolled up to the ol' church house around 7:30 and filled out some basic paperwork in the guy's office. He was cordial and charismatic. Simultaneously creeped me out and put me at ease. There's a psycho/emotional stink that comes off of people like these: They know things and have heard things. It's the same weird energy of psychologist's offices.

I'm reminded of being an acolyte and having to wear robes during services. And that I played Judas in our church's Easter play three years in a row...I loved the character. I sympathized with Judas deeply. I felt like I was betraying God all the time...

Haiku of the Day:
In the rectory
icons of Christ spilling out
as we witness friends

Today's Drawing

Eclogue - a poem in which shepherds converse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive