Sunday, June 14, 2015

Filtration

Weekend writing is tough. I'm not sure what it is about home, but writing does not come easily in the space. It could be that there are far too many distractions to keep the mind occupied. It could be that I just want to relax while I'm there because everywhere else seems so chaotic. But once out in the chaos, in the fury and pressure of other people the machine starts up like mad. especially when I'm travelling anywhere. What is that all about? It's not like it's a new problem. I never figured out how to do work at home even when I was still in school. Not like I ever had to. Maybe the first step of next year's project should be to spearhead the effort to find a space that tickles that travel fancy in my own home. The space would be for work ONLY. Perhaps set specific rules for it and spent at least a half hour a day in it doing only work. Whether it's simply returning e-mails or organizing files. It'd be good to set a habit there, especially if I end up in a more fluid job situation.

Haiku of the Day:
Deep creeping feeling
seemingly seeps peeled meaning:
Keep real fear wheeling.

Today's Drawing and "365" Project (Make something inspired by organs. I already have a heart and lung drawing so I went with the next best thing)
"Kidney"


No Runners Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive