Wednesday, June 24, 2015

ONE YEAR DONE!!

IT'S OVER!!

And there it is. An entire year of weird drawings, of quippy haikus, of crafty projects and faces in food. A year of reading and running and writing.  It's the year I got married, the year I lost a grandfather, the year I played a silent Russian clown and a contorted, slimy Leech. This year I've visited Maine, Hawaii, North Carolina, Baltimore and Michigan.  It was the year of The Horrible Winter, the year we moved to the third floor of the Jewish community center and had to dissemble our bed spring at midnight. A year of new and old friends coming together, a year of board games and plants, of crying in the kitchen. It's been a long hard wonderful year. And I would do it all again.

But not quite yet because I need to rest a bit.

So here are a few acknowledgments:

Thank you to all the friends who sent in guest posts and continue to read and give me feedback and support. And thank you for the miles! Especially those few who gave so much...both in effort and in shear numbers. You inspire me.

A special shout-out and thank you to my old friend, flatmate and abroad companion Gavin, who has his own blog here and was kind enough to feature my blog on his sidebar. Gavin is one of the smartest, most thoughtful and globally conscious individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing.

Thank you to my family, for your constant support with all the crazy things I've done over the years. It's been so nice to learn you've been following and reading throughout the process; it's a huge help in making this feel a little less like screaming into a void.

And of course, a massive thank you to my wife Emily. Your patience, love and understanding know no limits. I'm so glad to have you along for this crazy ride.

All that being said, tune in tomorrow for the rules for next year's adventure!!

FINAL SCORE WITH ALL GOALS COMPLETED!! (52 Weeks)

Stats
:
Running Mileage: 750.12/750
Running Mileage (With Friends): 1,089.76/1,000
Push-ups: 
10,000/10,000
Sit-ups: 10,000/10,000
Pages Read: 10,128/10,000
Books Read: 29/25
Words Written: 
100,150/100,000

Fasts (Days without) 
Internet: 101/100
TV: 146/100
Gaming: 261/100
Meat: 109/100
Junk Food: 104/100

Booze: 102/100


Haiku of the Day:
Gazing distantly
a fondness softens my face
as the year flies by

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Success" spoken by Emily Kuehn!)


Today's "365" Project (Do something loud and make sure everyone knows it's your last day! WOOO!)


Today's Runners

THE UNSTOPPABLE JOE COOK


And here are the kick-ass runners who joined me for the final run (1.63 miles):

THE DYNAMIC MICHAEL UNDERHILL
THE VIGOROUS KIKI SAMKO
THE INEXORABLE WILLIAM SCHULLER

TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 10

FINAL FRIEND MILE TOTAL (Since May 17th): 339.64 !!!

Take a bow guys. This is amazing!!!

For those interested, here are the books I read this year. I've bolded a few of my favorites. (I counted a third of the pages for the graphic novels. Also please understand I wasn't aware of Orson Scott Card's homophobic views until halfway through his fourth book):

The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
The Locke and Key Series (Graphic Novel) by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card
Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Datacylsm by Christian Rudder
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Do androids dream of electric sheep? by Philip K Dick
Dune by Frank Herbert
The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks
The Graveyard Book (Graphic Novel) by Neil Gaimen
Black Hole (Graphic Novel) by Charles Burns
The Autobiography of Red by Anne Carson
The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K. Dick
Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
An Artist in a Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
No Mud No Lotus by Thich Nhat Hanh
How to Build Self-Discipline: Resist Temptations and Reach Your Long-Term Goals by Martin Meadows
The Upside of Irrationality by Dan Ariely
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
The Collected Works of Lydia Davis by Lydia Davis (Duh)
The Martian by Andy Weir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive