Monday, June 1, 2015

Rain

-A day of rain. It feels like the end times, like the sick crispy breath of fall. I run at lunch and my hands glow pink with cold. Droplets of rain cling to my glasses and I feel so very at home. It is a place of base rejection, an environment that wishes me ill to it's core. I should not be there. But I am and I am running. I am the beam, the warmth, the oasis in desolation. I take great comfort in being on the lonesome plain with wind, earth and sea nipping at my flesh, warnings I will not heed.

-I return to the image of a veteran, home from war, driven mad by the calm. His physiology has been reverted by the war, to the times of our scrounging desperate ancestors.  And the change is irreversible. He cannot shed the stony calluses and return to the fetal shining pink of his youth, to the time before. He yearns to be where his new form thrives; in the belly of the earth, the pressure of the deep, the airlessness of space. That is where the peace lies; when you find yourself in the heart of a storm, you become its steady eye or it swallows you.

Haiku of the Day:
In the misty black
we avoid the glassy pools
that litter our way

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Abomination" from an experiment gone terribly wrong!)


Today's "365" Project (Create evidence for an event that didn't happen. What a chip bag in front of a fire hydrant?! Whatever could have happened here?!?!)


Today's Runners

JOE COOK "50 degrees + rain + wind + long hard run yesterday = slow times today. Susan says my body is trying to tell me something. I just chose to ignore it."


TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 2.55

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive