Thursday, June 25, 2015

Welcome to Round Two...

So I've completed my project...now what?

On to the next thing!

So I already posted this a week ago, but I'm going to reiterate it here because I still like it and want to try it out:

All of the goals will be based on 50. I will post them as I finish them (either in photo or written form.) This gives me a "once a week" sort of requirement with a bit more flexibility than the "everyday" requirements of last year. I may call these goals "The Big Ten".

I have 5 Lifestyle Goals (with potential peak goals):

-50 instances of 50 consecutive push-ups Peak goal: 100 consecutive
-50 runs over 5 miles in length  Peak goal: Run a half-marathon at a 8:00 min/mile pace. 
-50 days of rest (Where the only thing I do that is blog related is post a haiku)  Peak goal: Learn how to nap effectively
-50 day streak of Duolingo in Spanish. This was something I put on for last year's goals and it fell off the wagon on day 15 or so.  Peak goal: Complete the all the Spanish lessons they provide
-50 dates (Go on 50 dates with my wife for being so wonderful and patient during the whole process) Peak Goal: Go on a date in another country

And 5 Creative Goals:

-50 drawn comics (for the segment I'm calling "The Vagus Strip")
-50 "revised" works from last year's project (either a written, draw or crafted project. Basically make whatever it is better in some way.)
-50 pieces of poetry or free writing (can be revised from above goal)
-50 collaborative works (can be anything as simple as cooking a large meal or as complex as a full production of a play. Most probably won't be easily represented here, but I'll at least provide some pictures or something)
-50 homemade constructions (They can range from simple to complex)

I also have a few of annual goals:

-Quit one thing every year indefinitely. Here's the list so far:
Age 25: Cigarettes
Age 26: Energy Drinks
Age 27: Ground Beef
And this year is:
Potato Chips
 (As with my ground beef abstinence, the only exception is when I make it myself. Tortilla Chips are exempt if used as a vessel for other foods.)

-Read a number of books equal to my age (This year it's 28. Obviously what constitutes a "book" is crazy all over the place, but I'm going with anything over 100 pages.)

-Write a haiku a day until the end of time

Update days will probably be Thursdays now because that's when it began!

So without further ado, I'll post my haiku to start this sucker rolling! I will be camping for the next three days so the first few posts will be sparse.

Haiku of the Day:
28 years old
I revel in the deluge
of birthday wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive