Monday, July 11, 2016

Crafty Craft

Day Two for Imaginary Life Five, Carpenter:

So I want to make something like this for my wife:



She's a scrap-booker needs a space to do it. This design allows for it to be fun and compact. My hope it's to make it portable so we can take it with us wherever we go!

I made a list of potential materials.

Fold-out Desk and Craft Table:

- 1 Pine board (1 inch x 3 foot x 3 foot)
- 1 Additional board (1 inch x 38 inches x 38 inches)
- 148" of 1 x 4 boards (These come in 8 ft lengths so I'd need 2)
- 510-544" of 1 x 2 boards (These come in 8 ft lengths so I'd need 9)
- 105-140" of wood dowel (will have to eyeball the width)
- 2 Magnetic cabinet latches (consult on the potential weight)
- 4 Hinges (also need a consultation on for the weight)
- 4 D-ring hanging brackets
- 2 felt floor protectors
- a bunch of screws (1 inch)
- Screw gun
- Wood glue
- Paint (White? or something more fun?)

I think it's a pretty good first project. It involves some calibration and if i get everything cut at the hardware store and measure everything twice and correctly I won't have to make cuts! Now to find the time...I have no weekends free all the way through August.

Haiku of the Day:
Monday caffiene rush
the mind whirs at top speeds
Time to get it done!
Today's Drawing

Liminal

1 : of or relating to a sensory threshold
2 : barely perceptible
3 : of, relating to, or being an intermediate state, phase, or condition : in-between, transitional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive