Thursday, October 9, 2014

Outpour

"Free-versin'-it" Thursday

Noesis

Blurting the Lord's name in panic,
As a bus nearly barrels me out of existence,
I succumb to a spiritual shuddering.
A deluge of fond memories cascade
with the bustling Bostonians,
making their pilgrimage to bright, looming marvels.

I recall a time of comfort and companionship
when God was my council. When I imagined a pervading vein
of humanness throughout all of creation,
a humanness that listened, loved
and guided the world in tiny motions.

Who sent me angels in my direst cells,
when minutes became infinite with itchy echoes
of burdens, surly and ravenous.

Who cushioned psychic grapplings
with a knowing silence
and whispered warm vibrations
in the dreaded hallows of night temples.

This imagined force swoops back,
in the wake of the bloodthirsty bus,
and takes hold of me.
I am swaddled
from the steam,
the squalor,
the gaunt lifeless faces.

And in that gasp
of weightless reassurance
I lose my mind
and feel the bile and bristle
of the forward push
flourish into a glowing milk,
a salve for gaping lesions.

And then it passes.

Like a flash of lightning,
I'm left with white hot retinas
and the gnawing impotence
of witnessing unadulterated
power.

Haiku of the Day:
Girl attempts to light
a cigarette while on bike
nearly eats asphalt

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Infinitesimal" from MW's word of the day. It means infinitely small.)



Today's "365" Project (Get something from the thrift store and make something with it!)

I found something wonderful. It's called pneumablock. They're little blocks with eyes that look like the "Kilroy was here" dude.



 They are from Japan apparently. Here's a picture of the transcript from the back of the box it came in.



If you can't read it, my favorite part is the final line:

"In the complex world we live in, Pneuma Block helps philosophers of today and recalls the past with this word"

Glorious.

Here are some of the shapes they suggest making (this is all verbatim from the back of the box):

Man with hat



Farmer on water buffalo



Pigeon gazing at sea



Unpopular octopus



Lonely pirate




Sea otter preoccupied with eating



BBQ Friends (my personal favorite)



Cowardly baby wolf


And then I made some of my own:

Yosemite Sam without hat


Race relations in America


The Nuclear Incident


Hollering Luchador



Could not have been happier with this purchase. It was at the thrift store called "Boomerang" They were having a relaxed Thursday thing and serving free wine that I would have had if I wasn't on the way to a show. The woman at the counter also tried selling me a Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Puzzle and I immediately regretted not buying the minute I left the store. So great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive