Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Stars, Eggs, Hands

I adore extending my hand.
Watching the tendons press out against my skin and blue veins.
It makes me feel like a warrior.
A great shaking beast with the power to clench
and grasp and hook and tickle.
I pretend to palm expansive spheres
and press into their imaginary membranes.
And then, gently, I'll place the tips of my fingers
in the meaty creases
and marvel at the ticking, resonant, whoosh
of blood to the tactile, brutal and sensitive parts.
A reverence of body
rustles the spirit
like chilled hair follicles
and a white calm
blankets the surface of my waking.
I flux outward to the birthplace of
my bustling constituency
and for a wondrous break,
I forget to breathe,
instead taking in the reckless abandon
of wandering electrons.


Haiku of the Day:
Little victories
in organizing spreadsheets
energize the day

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Redux" from MW's word of the day. It means brought back.)



Today's "365" Project (Make something out of an eyeshell. So I poked a tiny hole in one end and a slightly bigger one on the other and slowly blew out the thing's guts. And then using some nail polish made a pretty face!)
"REGGedy Andy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive