Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Creeps

Midnight Showing

Breaking out the fevers,
The shambling graspers
bow their heavy crowns,
taking shallow dips in the fragrant pools
that gather with expectation.
A fleeting peace wafts through the planks
of my makeshift garrison.
You hear the hearty plunks?
The song of the skeleton man
as he walks and jangles
out the rickety pier
on feet, slender and jointed -
A limp succumbant
to the whims of strings.

Ring Around

Coiled tight in the flow of my dervish
my eyes swell as the weight of my blood
pulls flesh away
from the painful curvature of my spine.
Centrifugal abandon.
I'm filled with the glee
of vertigo and vomit
and fall to hard wood
worn by callused soles
and scratched by night creatures.
I giggle and subside
as the grit digs my naked back.
In breaths, the beginnings of a cold
needle my throat
where the snot and spittle drains.
And I feel so close
to what the space between
fingers is all about.
But the rings flash and fade
etching out the branches
behind my eyelids
and I dissolve back
into the mystic ether.


Haiku of the Day:
Closeness on the train
dupes the mind into feeling
intimacy there.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Juvenescent" from MW's word of the day. It means being youthful or young.)



Today's "365" Project (Do something with tin foil)
"Magic Swan Pie Boat"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive