Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Breaking Point

Overwhelmed at work. It's baffling how easy it is to go from confident to drowning to confident again. Feels as if I've been wrung by a pair of massive hands. All the mental gaps and cracks are white hot and volatile.

I'm reminded of when I used to have mythic emotional cycles back in high school, the ones that left me ancient and withered, grasping at the very edge of my awareness. Sometimes I fear the drugs of that time did irreparable damage to my nerve cells...

Eh.

I've come out the other end wiser and stronger each time. I can say that with confidence.

So here's to the ringer and the fire and all those terrible gasping sounds.

Haiku of the Day:
Billowing stresses
sweep up throats and eyeballs with
the tightness of knots

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "INFESTATION" fb messaged by Amelia Laing)

Today's "365" Project (Make something using school supplies)
"Camp snakes!"
BEFORE
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive