Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Check-In, Boozin', Beefin'


Here's where we're at as of yesterday:

Stats:
Running Mileage: 15.6
Push-ups: 115
Sit-ups: 125
Pages Read: 180
Books Completed: 1
Word Written: 2404

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 0
TV: 7
Gaming: 6
Meat: 3
Junk: 1 (SHAME)
Booze: 0 (SHAME)
Duolingo: 4

I've managed to post, draw, haiku and project everyday of the first week. Looking forward to a fourth of July weekend full of little to do. I think I can manage at least two days without a drink, (mind you, it was my birthday weekend and most of those days it was only one drink.)  It's the junk internet sites that will be the death of me and all of us, if we're not careful.

I failed to mention I've sworn off ground beef. Every year I'm attempting to quit something, as I quit cigarettes for my 25th and energy drinks for my 26th. The ground beef embargo has many reasons tied to it:

  • Pink Slime (YUK!)
  • It's healthier to do without/pursue other options
  • Forces me to quit copping out and choosing a burger in uncertain dining-out situations
  • Better for the environment
  • It affords me to opportunity to give up Taco Bell without having to give up the whole thing.
  • There are substitutes (TURKEY) that I love just as much

I may have a stipulation in there that I can consume my own ground beef, as long can watch it being made. You know, in the off-chance of a ravenous burger craving. We'll see.

Here's to high hopes and the dreams of madmen!

Haiku of the Day:
Heat, thick with promise,
cascades the concrete city.
Torrents Immanent 

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Ponder" texted by Chris Hutchinson)

Today's "365" Project (Alter an old book)
"Stanley"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive