Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shooting for that sweet, sweet vertex.

Hey ho, more poetry time. I was putting together a small book of poems that I was writing in conjunction with last year's project that were inspired by images on a dice-set called "Rory's Story Cubes." I only got through around fifteen or so images, but it was a wonderful exercise, as I could only keep each poem limited to the page. This one has been resonating lately due to the stresses I've put on myself through this project, and since today's picture word was "Juggling," I could not resist.  

“Down law” based on the image of a man dropping a ball
Fingerpads, fail me not.
Your ridges friction
sticks to keep those
precious baubles close at hand.
But alas, you fall, and the nimble
clutches sway to hungry
earth where dust is custom
and swathes teem with
creepers tilling belly-deep
in the fellow fallers and
the dropped drops of yesteryear.
Three heads above I dread
my passage and the down;
The down that’s vast and
immanent. Certain.
Concern is valid.
Worry fervent.
You hold more dear
on littered earth.
For should you kneel 
to recover lost,
you fall, a part, as well.

Haiku of the Day:
Hawks out my window
soaring over Prudential
surveying tourists.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Juggling" spoken by Rachel Feinstein)

Today's "365" Project (Do something with objects from your recycle bin. This one's a bit raunchy.)
"100% Carnal Agenda"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive