Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wooo! 7 days complete!

Closing out the first week and I've already learned a great deal:

  -Fatigue of the will is very real. And with so much to be willful about, other aspects of the challenge and my day-to-day activities suffer. Especially those abstinence/fasting ones. Junk food consumption is at an all time high.

  -Anxiety about what to make is crippling if I let it take hold. The best content emerges when I don't think about planning and just trust that I'll be able to create something. The drawings are the best example of this, since they are done impromptu and loosely based off of the suggestion.

  -Posts might be delayed due to internet connection. I've already encountered a few instances of this, so I will do my best to post on time, but in the cases in which I cannot, I will simply post twice so you and I know that I completed my day's work. May take a phone picture with a newspaper or clock or something if that is required.

  -I'm thinking about the future...possibly opening up suggestions to those of you who have concerns or want to see something more in-particular? After all, this is on an internet platform, so interactivity is part of it. So if you want to suggest a word for the picture (noun, verb or adjective) or give me a thing to incorporate in my haiku or 365 project please do! Heck, I'm open to critiques on spelling and grammar, as I'm horrendous at both. I'd love to hear from whoever's reading, even if it's just my immediate family/friends, (you know who you are...and thank you!!)

Also, I never explained the 365 day challenge:

Last year Emily gave me a book by Noah Scalin that outlines a year of doing something creative every day. I meant to start it during Christmas last year, but the timing didn't work out. Each day spells out a inspiration for each project and encourages you to form a theme. I haven't yet figured out a theme, though I'm tossing around the idea of doing something with eyes. It's a decent through-line, and what I've got already supports it. Anyways, someday soon I'll be going through and labeling each with the corresponding encouraging statement to give it a touch more context.

Haiku of the Day:
Spent a day printing
and clipping payroll reports.
Fingers Paper-cut

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "House" spoken by Mitch Roberts)


Today's "365" Project (Incorporate a stencil)
"The Moving Box Headboard Series - Stenc-o-lantern"

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed seeing this picture...something about it was oddly hopeful?? Maybe it was the tater-rabbit on the roof....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive