Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Scooped and 'Scoped

Battered and loose, I return from the self-slaughter. Worn joints cry out as I lift a small glass to my mouth. I taste the blood in the pockets of gums and I get woozy through remembrance. It becomes difficult to adjust my weight, to sigh, to hold up my arms. Sleep bears down and suffocates in its embrace. I feel both swollen and saggy as I collapse and the impact jars up tiny points of liquid light. The darkness swoops in like a hungry raptor.

Haiku of the Day:
old ladies tumble
rehearsals push to the grotesque 
spitting out the spite

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Tickle" texted by Renee Browne)


Today's "365" Project (Do something microscopic. Helps to have a scientist for a fiance)
"Pop Rocks"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive