Saturday, July 12, 2014

Thank you Grandma

Went to a memorial for my grandmother and read this for the ceremony.

A hard lesson


Last Thanksgiving,
While returning from a boat ride from an island called Peaks,
I walked with my grandfather up the ramp that connected the boat to the pier.
Looking down, I commented on how easily one could lose their phone in the metal slats underfoot that separated us and the rocky shore.
My grandfather chuckled and said that reminded him of a lesson Marty had learned when she was young.
After a storm, she had stuck her umbrella
down some sewer grates without thinking
and the umbrella opened.
She tried desperately to pull it out
or close it up again, but to no avail.
So she was faced with a decision.
“That was a hard lesson,” my grandfather said
as we approached the edge of the pier.
“To learn to let go.”


Haiku of the Day:
It's not every day
you can drink whiskey bought by
two four star gen'rals

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Enjoyable" spoken by Al Gauper)

Today "365" Project (Do something with an object you found in a car)
"Bag Terror"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive