Monday, November 24, 2014

Devs and Dets

So I've been doing some writing for my upcoming show and I haven't been sharing it here for many reasons, but I realized that I should be counting it toward my ultimate writing goal. That'll explain the spike in writing for this Wednesday's check-in. Had a great weekend with Emily, centered around food and watching cool things, which I think went over pretty well! Now we're facing some intense sprints at work in lieu of the upcoming holiday.

I'm still experiencing what I've been describing to myself as "ON/OFF" time. I'm either super tapped into whatever I'm doing or completely disassociated from everything. It all seems heavily tied to my media/junk consumption but I haven't been able to break it. I start feeling good and I decide to watch something or surf the web and some threshold is crossed and suddenly I'm physically and mentally inert. Big culprits:
-Facebook: my click-baited mouse brain cannot resist its infinite scrolling.
-News sites
-Any 20 minute comedy show...the minute I sit down to watch anything I'm rolling some loaded dice out of my favor.
-Any sweet junk food. I just cannot stop eating once I start.

I may need rehab from half of my life to get over these compulsions.

Haiku of the Day:
Started listening
to the Serial podcast.
Recommend for all!

Today's Drawing (inspired by the phrase "Job's comforter" from MW's word of the day. It means a person who depresses under the guise of comforting.)


Today's "365" Project (Make a portrait with finger/thumbprints.)
"Ridge Visage"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive