Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Purple Falls

Journal:
Fried. I hate Tuesdays. I have to run payroll for four different venues and it can be a logistical nightmare. There's a 3 o'clock deadline and there's only so much I can anticipate.

I fell pretty hard running home today. Nailed my knees and the heels of my hands. Getting up from something like that makes you feel both weak and powerful. It's all in the getting up,

I made a pretty hilarious noise when I hit the pavement. Like a grunt-squeal, a piggish monstrosity I cannot begin to replicate. Shocked some passing walkers. I hope they laughed about it later.

Free write:
Wretches and ringers!
Dig out tendons with the blunt end
of a butter knife.
Like so many quivering hairs,
the edge of my personage
trembles with static underpinnings.
I taste a volatility I've only now begun to resent:
Metallic, sour and harsh.

Fountain tinkles of the humidifier
put ease on joints and breath.
The dark is a smooth velvet
that I can draw my thoughts in
if I run my fingers in the right direction.
There I ponder my nomadic ancestors
and how much the dark was to them
both a home and a mystery.
Blind and naked they would sit on hard earth,
with nothing to do but wonder.
I imagine it was where God was first etched
in the dark velvet of those first waking dreamers
and how safe that made them feel.

Where has that fear and comfort gone?

Haiku of the Day:
Knotty little lump
at the crest of my left thigh
will bloom to a bruise

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Leitmotif" from MW's word of the day. It means a dominant recurring theme. The whole comic and each panel encapsulate my general leitmotif.)


Today's "365" Project (Make something with the color purple.)
"Approximate Kuehn/Damnit Marie!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive